The HGSA at Florida State University has sponsored an annual conference since 2008, typically in late March. The conference brings together graduate students from history and other humanities and social science departments at Florida State and other institutions. It allows “up-and-coming” scholars a congenial environment to build interpersonal networks within the discipline of history and beyond and to gain experience presenting their research in a professional setting.
This year the Tenth Southeast Regional Graduate Student Conference will take place on March 29, 2019. The conference theme is “Nationalisms: Past and Present Real and Imagined.”
The Call for Papers for this year’s conference is officially OPEN.
- 2017: Oppression and Resistance
- 2016: Reconstructing Nations, Reinventing People, and Reforming Societies
- 2015: Ugly Truths and Glorious Lies: The Politics of Culture and Memory
- 2014: Identity, Patriotism, and the Nation-State
- 2013: Innovation and Exchange of Knowledge
- 2012: Power and Subversion
- 2011: Women and Minorities: Past and Present
- 2010: Power of Place: Physical, Temporal, Ideological
- 2009: Crossing Borders